Thursday, January 31, 2008
Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Do I just keep with the status quo and do the bi-weekly shaving with the trusty Gillette Fusion like I did during my last try season? (Only downside is it always takes a long time and the hair seems to grow back pretty quickly)
Do I try, and I kid you not, Aussie Nads? With a name like that I'm not sure what to think. I actually already bought this, since it said "no heat hair removal", I thought for sure it had to be better than Nair for Men, only to open it and find out it's basically the same kit as featured in "The 40 Year Old Virgin" (ie wax and paper pull tabs)....so to be honest, I'm a little scared to use it. I mean seriously, does this look like fun below? (However it does say hair stays gone for up to 8 weeks). (A little FYI, for this scene, they really did pull out his hair, if you look close during the movie you can actually see blood, Carrell said it was VERY painful in interviews)
The reviews for both NADS and Nair seem to be mixed out in the cyberworld...so I'm not sure. I am thinking of a two prong attack maybe. Get most off with the Nair, and then use the NADS to clean up the rest (I'm thinking this will be the less painful way, since I bought it, I'd feel guilty if I didn't at least try it once).
Wednesday, January 23, 2008
I had just completed my 8 miler on the treadmill (because it was only like -15 outside w/ wind chill), I head to the locker room, turn on the shower to warm up the water and proceed to shower and stretch (yes I stretch in the shower, it saves time post run and feels pretty damn good to be honest). The shower I'm in is of decent size so I towel off in there as well. I go to open the curtain...
...wait for it.......
..... standing no further than literally a foot away from the shower curtain is a fully NAKED man that looked like the Grandpa from Lil Miss Sunshine (great movie by the way, SuperFreeeeekaayyyyy) .... so imagine this face but only about 10 inches away from you, and did I mention he was totally NAKED????
I immediately jumped back...(shocked really from realizing that when I pulled the curtain aside my hand was literally about 8 inches from his junk, which was in clear view, because again he was standing NAKED in front of my shower)..... and I said "OHHHH, excuse me." (not being a smartass, really it was a reaction because I was so startled)....when he immediately replied, and I shit you not ...."you're not suppose to towel off in the shower, get out once you're done".......excuse me, homosaywhat? Is this guy kidding me?...so I look immediately to my left and notice the other shower OPEN and DRY as a sand trap and shoot back, "Well it looks to me like there is another shower that is more than available"....to which the old man mumbles something about "Kids, blah, blah, blah"....and something else under his breath......
Seriously, unf#ckingbelievable.....I will be scarred for the rest of my life.
On the Ironman (I get chills just typing that) front:
Training stuff here..."big" weekend (I'll be in Wisconsin at my parents house) coming up, 9 mile run Sat AM, snowboarding all afternoon (last Lake Tahoe warm up, can't believe it's less than two weeks away) and then a 2.5 hour trainer ride on Sunday. Yes my friends, the IM training is starting to get serious.
Also, make sure to check out Cheese's blog and wish him well on his first half marathon this weekend (Miami Half Marathon).....(Megan too who will be running the race and being SAG for him at the same time, ahhh warm fuzzies). Here's to a nice flat course and cool temps for both of you. Cheers.
Friday, January 11, 2008
(Unfortunately The Clyde is too often on the wrong end of this look when biking with others)
"When asked post race press conference (of this years NY Marathon) if he would come back to New York in the 2008, Armstrong said he foresaw taking on "another sports challenge".
....now obvioulsy that could mean that he's going to try and make that Olsen twin put on some weight, or it may mean he's thinking about a full monty IM. Obviously the mag may be WAY off base on this, but none the less, it's something fun to think about. Let's not forget that Lance use to be a very good swimmer, obviously his bike skills are up to par, and at this last NY Marathon he posted a 2:46:43......could make it a very interesting storyline if he did decide to do one.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Wednesday, January 09, 2008
Tuesday, January 08, 2008
1. Since I last left you I have not missed one workout, and this includes the one the day after my nephew got married, where you could have licked the sweat off of me and still got drunk.
2. Since I last left you I have not passed on a single holiday feast or candy, I am almost as proud of this as I am of number 1.
3. Since I last left you I don't think I have shed any weight, but we'll find out tomorrow afternoon. (The weight loss is back on tomorrow, the pizza and Mountain Dew I'm having right now confirms it.)
4. ..... I managed to talk my Dad and Brother in Law into doing the Green Bay Half Marathon with me in May. (Well they were about 80% sure they wanted to do it, so I paid for their registration for their Xmas presents, thus taking the plunge for them.)
5. ...... I managed to break my nephew's arm (not the same as in number 1) by taking him snowboarding. Luckily (if there is any luck to it) it happened at the end of the day, so we got to enjoy the 6 inches of snow that fell that day.
6. ...... I managed to live 7 days without Direct TV, high winds knocked my dish out of alignment and with the holidays it took that long to get a repair man out to fix it.
7. ...... I managed to buy a new bike trainer, (it's awesome) the rollers where fine, but too hard to do consistent intervals on without falling off.
8. ..... I managed to have my car broken into in Milwaukee, but the thieves NOT notice the two notebooks or Ipod that were in it (trunk), leaving me with "just" two broken windows and some door damage to the tune of $1800.00. Thank God for insurance.
9. ..... I managed to avoid my somewhat annual post Christmas let down. Knowing a ski trip to Tahoe is coming in 3 weeks will do that to you, bonus here is that one of my best friends who is now working in Hong Kong is coming in to snowboard with us for a few days of our vacation, should be a blast.
As an added bonus to today's post, for any of you who want to follow my training, with the feature of looking at some pretty graphs (although they are not always accurate for some reason), go here. You can even click on the link on that page and it gives you a break down of what I'm to do each day. Enjoy.